To protect yourself and your pet, you need to remember the following:
- Wormworms only clinically healthy animals (if there is an upset digestion — vomiting, loose stools, refusal of food, then giving anthelmintic is prohibited before receiving or consulting a veterinarian);
- Prevention of worms in dogs and cats is carried out 1 time in 3 months buy heartworm medicine online;
- Preventive treatment of puppies and kittens for the first time is carried out in 3 weeks or 1 month, then it is obligatory before the first vaccination (vaccination is carried out from 2 months, respectively, giving anthelmintic should be done 10 days before it), if there is no worms after deworming; vaccination, if any, requires repeated treatment at intervals and only then, the first vaccine in life. Further, before revaccination at 3 months (again, the drug is given 10 days before it), if the first vaccine was done before the start, and by the time of revaccination the puppy / kitten is not yet 3 months old, then revaccinate without rabies and without deilmintization, and Then, as it comes 3 months — we vaccinate purely against rabies (give anthelmintic in 10 days). In the subsequent anthelmintic 1 time in 3 months and 10 days before the annual vaccination;
- All the animals in the house are anthelmintic at the same time;
- Pregnant and lactating females do not recommend anthelmintic unless absolutely necessary, therefore the giving of anthelmintic must be done before mating in 10-14 days;
- After contact of your pet with animals infected or potentially infected with worm infestation, preventive deworming is required;
- If you notice eggs in feces, similar to rice grains, small worms or something like that — spend a preventive de-worming;
- Dacha drugs is carried out strictly by weight: if you give a smaller amount of the drug, it does not work fully, and an overdose can harm the animal’s body;
- Try to use only high-quality imported drugs. Since the imported products go through more degrees of control and testing, they produce fewer side effects, are tolerated by the body more gently, but at the same time retain their high efficiency.
It is important to remember that if the fact of helminthic invasion is established, and this can be done by submitting a feces analysis (coprology) or visually noticing helminth eggs in the feces, then deworming should be done 2 times with an interval of 10-14 days. This is due to the fact that after the first giving of the drug, adults die and go out, the repeated giving of the drug is required to remove the larvae and eggs of the parasite. Most often, 2-fold giving of the drug is enough, but there may be cases that require taking the drug more times.
Since the worms in the process of vital activity release a certain amount of toxins, and this amount, in most cases, does not visually change the animal’s condition, with strong helminthiasis after giving the anthelmintic drug, the parasites die at the same time and release a huge amount of these toxins, which can cause serious intoxication, causing vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, apathy, and can even lead to the death of the animal. Therefore, after giving anthelmintic it is necessary to monitor the state of health of your pet: in case of deterioration, immediately contact a veterinarian.
You also need to take into account the fact that helminth infections belong to anthropozoonosis — a group of infectious and invasive diseases common to animals and humans.
For this reason, there is a danger of infection of the owner of the animal and all family members. To avoid the unpleasant effects of helminthic invasion, it is necessary to protect your body too.