Teambuilding , or team building — a term often used in the context of business and can be applied to a wide range of actions to create and improve the effectiveness of the team. The idea of team methods borrowed from the world of sport and began to actively implement the practice of management in the 60-70-ies of XX century. Today, team building is one of the promising models of corporate management that provides a full-fledged development of the company and one of the most effective tools for personnel management. The construction of the team is aimed at creating groups of equal specialists of different specializations like team building events boston, which jointly bear responsibility for the results of their activities and on an equal footing make division of labor in the team.
The components of the team command process
1. Formation and development of team skills (team skills), which are the basis of the system for implementing team management. These include the following skills:
- Harmonization of the common goal with personal goals;
- taking responsibility for the team’s result;
- situational leadership (leadership under the task) and flexible change of style in accordance with the features of the task;
- constructive interaction and self-government;
- making a single team decision and agreeing it with team members.
2. Formation of team spirit (in English language — team spirit), that is, a set of psychological phenomena that characterize the informal attitude of employees to colleagues and organization. The development of team spirit is a set of activities aimed at:
- enhancing sense of cohesion, forming a lasting sense of «we»;
- development of trust between employees, understanding and acceptance of individual peculiarities of each other;
- creation of motivation for joint activity;
- creation of experience of highly effective joint actions;
- increase of informal authority of leaders;
- development of loyalty of the participants of the program in relation to the organization.
3. Formation of the team — mechanical actions for selection, optimization of the structure of the team and functional-role distribution:
- effective use of the strengths of the team;
- distribution of roles in a team for optimal achievement of results;
- formation of the new structure as a result of merger, absorption or restructuring of the enterprise;
- creating a working environment during the formation of project teams;
- establishment of horizontal connections within the collective, regional units.
In the field of personnel management , this term is understood as a short (from 2 hours to 3 days) measure to improve teamwork: corporate programs, rope courses, corporate holidays, corporate volunteering and corporate charity. By the category of measures that lead to the effect of team building include the celebration of the birthday of employees, the birthday of the company, the New Year. One of the effects of such measures is the general unity of the team, which is part of working with the team spirit.
Also, command development is understood as an intracollective process , which aims to increase team cohesion based on common values and perceptions. It sets the following goals:
- formation of skills of successful interaction of team members in different situations;
- raising the level of personal responsibility for the result;
- transition from competition to cooperation;
- increase the level of trust and care among team members;
- transferring the attention of the participant from his / her team to;
- raising the team spirit, getting a charge of positive mood;
- conclusion of the team on the leading position of the tournament.